Friday, August 10, 2012

Cute Idea for Your Camper

Like most families, our summer is full of camps,  spending time with family and friends, staying up late, and sleeping in.  I LOVE it!
I thought I’d share with you something I made for my daughter this summer for camp. I was inspired by my friend Laura who has 4 kids and is an amazing mom. She always has such great ideas….she needs to have a blog!!
New trunk Picked up this little baby at the sporting goods store. It’s great! It has wheels!!
Then I coated it with a good Primer.
Primer Now for the fun part!  C.O.L.O.R.!!
Paint This spray paint really covered well. No need for multiple coats.
IMG_0862

Tough to see here in this pic, but the top is blue, front and back are lime green, and both ends are a pretty shade of orange.

Now to dress it up!

IMG_0878
IMG_0879





IMG_0875
IMG_0876





I chose Bible verses that would really give her strength and courage any time she uses it.  You might put your child’s favorite verses or even attach photos with Modge Podge. We’ll probably add some flowers or polka dots.
Now each time she uses this trunk, she plans to put a bumper sticker inside the lid for that destination! How fun!
IMG_0881 Enjoy your last few days of summer!
Blessings,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Please let me hear from you.