Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My Mommy-Intervention…

works for me wednesdays

I absolutely adore my 2 children. They are the joys of my life. I am always “preaching” to them that we are a team and their daddy and I are their coaches. But, they’re kids and they argue. They argue about what color the sky is. Is it blue? or blue/gray? Oh, my goodness, sometimes it feels like the arguing will go on forever! Especially when there is less than 2 weeks before school starts and they are R-E-A-D-Y!!!

The other day, we went to Wally World. From the minute we got inside the store, they began arguing…..over crazy, silly stuff! I had already warned them that there was going to be a consequence if they continued to be unkind to each other. Well, you guessed it, they continued arguing. Time for a mommy-intervention!!

I told them that they needed to learn how to get along and how to treat each other with kindness, so they were going to have to HOLD HANDS with each other while we continued our shopping. You would have thought I asked them to jump off of a cliff….or shave their heads……or do their own laundry!! They looked at me like I was Ca-RAZY!! They are 10 years old and almost 13!!! I’m pretty sure they were mortified at the thought.

Well, by the time we meandered all around Wally World and up to the registers, they were working well together and actually putting the other one first. It was amazing!! So, I guess that particular Mommy-Intervention worked!

I asked them when we got to the car what they learned from that “experience” and they both said it was the worst punishment they have ever received! They said they got some “looks” from other shoppers. {Really??} They said they will think twice before arguing in public ever again!! Hmmmm……..

So the next time you’re in a store and your kids argue, try having them hold hands……..

It worked for me!!

Blessings,



4 comments:

  1. Ahhh! How funny, Sandi! I'm glad you found the trick that works...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! My husband's best friend going up had a similar punishment. It was a family of all boys, and when they would fight they'd have to stand in the corner. And hug. hahahahah too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so smart! Now, mine is an only...and he argues with ME! Does that mean WE have to hold hands. Hmmm....this could be interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Please let me hear from you.